- Markets are efficient.
- In liquid markets, prices reflect all available information
- Securities are fairly priced and reflect the expectations of all market participants
- Investment strategies can be structured to add value.
- Market premiums, such as small cap and value stocks, offer investors higher expected returns while balancing tradeoffs
- Meticulous strategy design and efficient execution adds value
- Continuous rebalancing captures desired premiums while minimizing turnover
- Diversification is essential.
- Diversification helps reduce uncertainty and control risk
- Diversification adds value by enabling more efficient portfolio management and flexible trading
- Costs matter.
- Low turnover by design keeps overall trading costs down
- Commission costs are kept as low as possible without sacrificing overall execution
- A trading philosophy that emphasizes patience and flexibility
IRA OF AMERICA supports this investment philosophy. IRA OF AMERICA is built of six risk-based, globally diversified and structured portfolios that:
- Use no-load mutual funds managed by Dimensional Fund Advisors, a global investment firm that uses a research-based, transparent and process-driven approach
- Range from conservative to aggressive (Meritage’s proprietary suitability questionnaire determines most appropriate portfolio for each client)
- Seek to capture market performance with lower standard deviation, increased returns and decreased risk
- Achieve asset allocation: true diversification across a broad range of international exposures (IRA OF AMERICA portfolios invest in more than 21,000 equity positions around the world)
IRA OF AMERICA was designed to provide the highest-quality, low-cost IRA investment vehicle for accounts of all sizes.